søndag 22. november 2009

Case 8

At this point it was time to make some objects the character should pick up. And it was time for me to design the milkbuckets. It was pretty easy to design - I drew one bucket, and on the Thursdays lesson that week we learned the codes for how to pick them up.



We learned about arrays - and I must say that it was quite advanced. The purpose of an array is that an object will appear as many times as you like, instead of having to draw an object several times, and write new codes each time. The principal is simple enough, but it is complicated to make it work. But with a little help from my groupleader, I managed to complete this weeks case too. :)

I also got help making something happen when the enemy and the maincharacter hit - I have decided to make it quite simple, since this is the first time I do any sort of programming, and I want it to be a simple game for children - that is why I decided that once these two characters hit, the game is over. Therefor I made a loosescreen, and a winscreen for when the milkmaid has collected all five milkbuckets. These codes were pretty logical, and I understand what the codes says.

In this case we could also make other objects that the maincharacter should avoid - but I decided not to, since my game is quite small and short. I didn't want to fill in too many elements, since it is a game for children, and I feel it would be sort of "messy".

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar