mandag 9. november 2009

Case 6

This case was about designing backgrounds and other characters for our games. There is going to be an "enemy" in the game that is "intelligent" and follows the main character as an obsticle. My game was'nt supposed to have an "enemy" since the obsticles were going to be slippery spots and the lake. But with this new information I had to rethink my whole game.

Luckily, having an "enemy" was not a bad idea, and it makes my game a bit more challenging to play. So the "enemy" of this game is a thirsty old cow, that will walk after the milkmaid, trying to fetch her milk. I got inspiration from my summer vacation, when I was at a farm and saw how cows behave - they are very kind and cute, but incredibly stubborn. And this cow is no exception, and is determined to get the milk. Therefore as a player you'll have to make the milkmaid jump over the cow and collect the milkbuckets. If they interact, the game is over! (When this case was due I hadn't been able to make something happen when these two characters interacts, but I will come back to that in a later blog).

This is a game for children, and the plot is quite simple - due to the young audience, and also my lack of programming skills. My plan for this game is that it shall be simple enough to play for children in the age of 4 - 6 years.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar